Friday, August 31, 2007

If Brett Ratner got a hold of the JLA movie

I can see his vision:

"These guys are boring. We need more pathos! I've done a little research and here's what I've got: Forget Bruce Wayne/Christian Bale. Too dark and moody. Bale wants too much on the backend. Besides, he's Nolan's bitch. Let's use this Azrael guy when he wore the batsuit. That psychopath angle is great for building tension.

"And Wonder Woman? After Joss cocked it up trying to pick somebody to fill Linda Carter's boots, I say we throw all that out the window and go with this Artemis chick instead. She wore the outfit for a while, right? Besides, she hates men so we get more CONFLICT!

"Throw the Aquaguy out, nobody cares about that dude. Green Lantern should be that Kyle Rayner guy. (Rainee? Ranier? Sounds French. You know I just finished a film set in Paris, right?). He's supposed to be some kind of artist guy so we can play him all sensitive and get the little girls to slide off their chairs.

"Finally, and this is brilliant of me, I have to say, forget Clark Kent and Barry whatsisface Flash. Regular old Superman skews too 'Norman Rockwell.' And nobody cares about a cop scientists; CSI has done that crap to death. I'm thinking we go with Kon-el, Superboy, and the Bart Allen Flash!

"We can get that teen buddy action going like I had in X-Men 3 between Iceman and Pyro! Then set up Batman and Wonder Woman as their parental units and Greenie as a big brother that they always play practical jokes on. It's like a twisted nuclear family! This is going to be box-office Boffo!"

~ groan ~

1 comment:

Pookie said...

My husband - "Buckaroo Banzai" - and I are 100% in agreement with your assessment of Brett Ratner's JLA movie idea.

Which Director would you choose to make the JLA??

Bucky is a comic book / movie fanatic and Flash is one of his most beloved JLA characters (His favorite Flash is Wally)

You have a great blog, I'll be back. Later.